Friday, November 13, 2015

Envelope for Dimensional Cards

Dear all,

I make lots of cards using 3D flowers on it and there is always a question, how to handover it to the person. Most of the people use plastic bags. But here is a wonderful way to present this card in matching boxed envelope.

I hope this tutorial will be helpful to you. I am giving all the measurements and instructions for standard A2 size card which measures 5.5" X 4.25". If you like this tutorial and you want me to give in certain sizes feel free to ask.

Material :
12X12 paper, Glue, Cutter, Score board, corner punch (optional), pair of scissor.

Instructions :
First cut the paper in size of 9"X 9" using your paper cutter.


Then get the score board and use the extension comes with it for making envelops ( Martha Stewart cutter has this additional triangular shape measuring thing)

Get your paper on the score board and score on 3 5/8" and 4 1/8 "



Turn the paper at 90 degrees and score at 2 3/4" and 3 1/4"





Turn again and score at 3 5/8" and 4 1/8 " and then last turn and score at 2 3/4" and 3 1/4"  So your two opposite sides are large and two sides are small.

Your score lines will look like this when you done your scoring job.


Now if you want you can trim all 4 corners or just top and bottom corner in round or any of your choice shape.


Now please look at the pencil marked triangles. We need to cut two of the small triangles from both side of the bottom and whole both large triangles on top....hope you got it ;-)


Then your envelope shape will look like this.


Now just cut those bottom squares like this. Do not cut all the way. But if you cut it all the way do not worry still your box is safe. But just for extra sturdiness we just need to keep them. 


Now fold all the score lines and it is now getting in shape :-) 

Assemble your box using strong glue or sticky tape inside the bottom fold on both edges and also on those two square notches.


Here you go...isn't this easy, neat and pretty :-)


My beautiful card using handmade 3d flowers and Matching Envelope 


Lovely....



Perfectly fit and ready to present...

You can even decorate the envelope from out side using flowers, sentiments, ribbons....options are limitless.



Now no more worries of presenting your wonderfully decorated dimensional cards.
Have fun !!




Love,
Archana






17 comments:

Glenda said...

Great tutorial and I thank you very much for doing such a step by step for us! This is generally the size I do but as you know it is so easy to go crazy when making a card using Heartfelt Creations dies and stamps. What would the paper dimensions be for a 5x7 card be please? I don't have a Martha Stewart score board with that handy triangle.

Many thanks

Glenda

Cec said...

Fabulous tutorial. I often do cards in a 6"x6" format or a 5"x5" format so instructions for those sizes would be much appreciated.
Hugs!
Cec

slgibbs1 said...

Thanks so much. Most of my cards get mailed, butthis would work. Anyway, I mostly make A9 (half fold) cards. I know that a 12X12 sheet isn't big enough, but could you figure out how to glue two sheets together to make a 5.75 and 8.75 or slightly smaller envelope? Thanks

Conny said...

Great tutorial and I thank you very much for doing such well written tut & the many pict. Now I can make my own envelopes.
My cards are 10,5*15 cm. Do you have a tut - or just guideline for an anvelope that would fit such a card?
Have ablessed day. Conny, from Denmark

Archana Joshi said...

Hello Glenda
Thanks so much for your lovely comment. I am glad it was helpful. I will be working on all requested sizes. Please visit my blog soon. I will be posting easy tutorials.

Hugs,
Archana

Archana Joshi said...

Hi Cec
Thanks so much for your lovely comment. I am make mostly 6x6 cards too so my tutorial is ready for that. I will be working on all requested sizes as well so please visit my blog soon. I will be posting easy tutorials.

Hugs,
Archana

Archana Joshi said...

Hi
I an glad you asked for this Size :-). I am using two papers but we don't need to stick them together. Will post tutorial soon for you.
Thanks.
Hugs
Archana

Archana Joshi said...

Hello Conny
Thanks so much for your lovely comment. I am glad it was helpful. I will be working on all requested sizes. Please visit my blog soon. I will be posting easy tutorials.

Hugs,
Archana

Conny said...

Thank you so much. Have a blessed day.

SussiPoppins said...

great tutorial on how to make the envelope box...very handy. Hugs

Maryj said...

I have a card that is 5 7/8" x 6 7/8" x 1 1/4" high, can you give me the dimensions for an envelope to fit? I just love your work!!! Thanks!

Scrapper said...

Thanks so much for doing this tutorial! It has always been a problem once I decorate a card with much dimension to give it to the person. This makes the envelope part of the gift as well
Appreciate you sharing

Unknown said...

Wonderful! Clear & very helpful. Thanks so much.

Linda said...

Hi Archana
I love, love, love this envelope
I love making 3-D cards & always look for something to put them in.
If you have time would you please let me know what the measurements
would be for a 5 x 7 card.
I would very much appreciate it.
Thank you!!!!

Diana E. said...

WONDERFUL TUTORIAL AND THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR GENEROSITY & GIVING!
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY & MANY BLESSINGS !

Unknown said...

Thank you for this tutorial, you have made it very clear, and easy to follow.

Unknown said...

Score lines for a 8.5 by 5.5 dimensional card and size of paper, please.